Each volunteer (PA Residents and Non-PA Residents) is required to complete a Volunteer PA Resident Affidavit that you can find in the KPETS Folder given out at Orientation.
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (form SP4-164) (https://epatch.state.pa.us/)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (form CY-113) (https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis) FYI: Use the Individual Login option NOT the Organization Login option
- Additionally, the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) criminal history clearance in optional IF you have lived in PA for ten years. If you have not, this is mandatory. Many schools require it in either case, so it is good to already have it. (https://uenroll.identogo.com/) Use the Service Code: 1KG6ZJ. More Details
All new volunteers are required to complete and submit the clearances as a part of the registration process.
Clearances are valid for five years from date of issue and will need to be resubmitted as they expire.
NEW – FBI Fingerprinting procedures for Pennsylvania
As of November 18, 2017, the State of Pennsylvania has chosen a new vendor for volunteers who need FBI Fingerprinting. This new site is much more user friendly!
- Go to IdentoGO website: https://uenroll.identogo.com/
- Enter the Service Code: 1KG6ZJ and hit GO
- Schedule or Manage Appointment – NEXT
- Fill out Name/Method of Contact information – NEXT
- Enter Citizenship information – NEXT
- Answer next three questions – NEXT
- Enter Personal Information – NEXT
- Enter Mailing Address – NEXT
- Documents – choose Driver’s License issued by State or outlying possession of the U.S. If you do not have a driver’s license, choose something else from the drop down screen. – NEXT
- Enter your zip code and all local locations to get your prints taken will appear. Click on the location that suits you – NEXT
- Set up your appointment. You can walk in at these centers, but it may take more time.
- Follow the rest of the instructions on the site to complete your FBI clearances.