Many organizations may require different clearances. The ones listed below are specifically required by KPETS. And specifically required from the site links provided here. Do not send us any other clearances that are not listed here.
Each volunteer (PA Residents and Non-PA Residents) is required to complete a Volunteer PA Resident Affidavit that you can find in the KPETS Folder given out at Orientation.
All new volunteers are required to complete and submit the clearances as a part of the registration process.
Clearances are valid for five years from date of issue and will need to be resubmitted as they expire.
ALL KPETS Volunteers (regardless of state)
- Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History (https://epatch.pa.gov/home)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (form CY-113) (https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis) FYI: Use the Individual Login option NOT the Organization Login option
- The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Fingerprinting
- FOR PA:
- IF you have lived in PA for ten years, it is optional. However, some schools and facilities we visit may require it.
- IF you have not lived in PA for ten years, this is mandatory.
- For MD Residents
- The FBI criminal history check is mandatory.
- FBI Procedure:
- Go to IdentoGO website: https://uenroll.identogo.com/
- Enter the Service Code: 1KG6ZJ and hit GO
- Schedule or Manage Appointment – NEXT (*See below if you cannot visit an Identigo location near you.)
- Fill out Name/Method of Contact information – NEXT
- Enter Citizenship information – NEXT
- Answer next three questions – NEXT
- Enter Personal Information – NEXT
- Enter Mailing Address – NEXT
- Documents – choose Driver’s License issued by State or outlying possession of the U.S. If you do not have a driver’s license, choose something else from the dropdown screen. – NEXT
- Enter your zip code and all local locations to get your prints taken will appear. Click on the location that suits you – NEXT
- Set up your appointment. You can walk in at these centers, but it may take more time.
- Follow the rest of the instructions on the site to complete your FBI clearances.